I am so excited about this!!! good job Legend!!!
I’m just ranting on for a bit to line this out bear with me. But if your child wants to do something you say yes or no, and if questioned answer, not because I told you so or because I’m the mommy, but this is how we teach our children the difference between white and wrong. “Don’t eat that, you’ll get fat” as you stuff your third krispy kreme down your suck hole, is probably not teaching them anything other than your superiority through poor moral decisions or food choice, “because I’m the mommy” is only teaching your children to lie. Do parents have guilty pleasures, sure? but flaunting those parental exceptions causes resentment, disrespect, and sneaking behavior. If you don’t want them to do it, let them be honest about it. “Would you like to eat cake?” ” no, thank you i would not like to eat cake” is better and easier swallowed than “would you like to eat cake?” “i don’t feel good, i need to go home”
Why bother? just be upfront, teach your children to be up front. It’s hard for you and them early on because most other parents are concerned morevwith perception and acceptance than with moral fiber and the ability to read. (Monkey head had all but the last Harry Potter book read before 3rd grade, but her friends saw all the movies, that’s pretty much the same thing right?”
I also know how hard it is to be honest and still be “wrong”. When legend and I started dating I had been seeing another woman, we’ll call her “psycho” for short, anyway because we lived more than 3 hours apart, I worked full-time and went to school full-time, there was a lot of phone tag. Once I finally was able to get ahold of her, Legend was at my apartment, I told psycho I had met someone else and that I wished to discontinue or “relationship” (adult “relations” and dinner 3 times isn’t really a relationship, is it?) in order to see how Legend and I would work out. The first thing out of her mouth was, I was a liar, and I was making her (Legend) up, I told her I had far better things to do with my life than lie to her. I then proceeded to get a pretty good earful for being a liar and other colorful adjectives, to which all I could say was “look, I’m trying to be honest with you, if you don’t want to take that, that’s fine, but if you can’t handle my honesty that is on you, but she’s (legend) right here if you want to talk to her. that ended and I still feel that if I’m honest and outright, and respect you or anyone enough to tell you the truth, your reaction is your problem, not mine.
Listen I get the need for omission; ” is it bad?”, “no, no its ok we’ll be ok”. Beats the hell out of “HFS! Godzilla has a Uzi flamethrower and is coming through our front door” sometimes that little white lie is necessary. Do you crush your child’s belief of Santa Clause at three because they don’t clean their room? Do you continue on the tradition of Santa until they are 13-14 to share a tradition you hope to pass to your grandchildren? But where is the tolerance level set, now when they are young and are developing into the human they will be in the future, or later via a counselor in the youth home?
I don’t know it all, but I know what I learned and how I’ve had to re-learn better more productive ways to positively influence my children and life in a disciplined and productive manner that won’t make my kids into 5 o’clock news stories, I just believe the white lie will come eventually, why install it to early?
If you know me, you know I love me some crossfit, I’m not super good, or built like Rich Froning, but I love helping people get started and making my old fat butt complete the reps, rounds and movements.
We all have two choices in the gym; move weight, or move your mouth. I’ve lost 15 lbs, and my staff more than that, if you can do it, and you want to do it, DO IT!!
Lee-Ann is a role model and a sledge hammer to every excuse your fat office mate has about why they can’t go to the gym, or for a walk, or put down that 5th donut….
Should Pregnant Women Be Weightlifting?
Facebook/Lee-Ann EllisonExercise is essential for a healthy pregnancy, but one photo of a pregnant woman weightlifting has ignited a fiery debate on how much pregnant women should sweat.
More on Yahoo Shine:Bodybuilding’s New Breed: Tanned, Toned, and Over 50
Lea-Ann Ellison, 35, a stay-at-home mom in Los Angeles, is eight months pregnant with her third child and attends regular CrossFit classes at her local gym. Last week, Ellison emailed the company touting her success on the workout and included a photo of herself lifting weights. A few days later, the company posted the photo on its Facebook page, triggering an outcry on social media. Ellison received thousands of comments — many of which were negative — on CrossFit’s and her own Facebook pages, through several media outlets, and in email.
“This is why CrossFit is horrible. No one knows what they’re doing. This is a good way to lose your baby,” wrote Facebook user Evan Kennedy, a physical therapist. Andrea Hatfield wrote, “I do not find this impressive at all. No one would post a picture of themselves drinking a beer while eight months pregnant. Risky behavior while pregnant is no laughing matter.” And Amanda Strippel wrote, “Sorry lady, not safe. Baby first, sanity second.”
However, Ellison had her share of supporters. “I’m six months pregnant with triplets and am still Crossfitting as much as I can,” wrote Carol Metzger Bolliger. And Melissa McCarty wrote, “I’ve had four kids and pregnancy isn’t a handicap. It isn’t an excuse to ‘slow down’. You know your limits and obviously she’s doing exactly what her body allows. Great job mama!”
Lea-Ann/FacebookThe benefits of exercise during pregnancy are long proven: increased blood flow and energy, sounder sleep, and the release of endorphins (mood-boosting hormones). And one recent study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that exercise reduces the risk of having a baby with a high birth weight and of having a cesarean section. However, many doctors point to pregnancy exertion as the cause of cervical problems and preterm labor, and public opinion is divided on whether women who continue to hit the gym during pregnancy are selfishly harming their unborn babies.
“I was really shocked by the reaction to my photos since I’ve always exercised during my two previous pregnancies and doctors have assured me that my routine is safe for both myself and my child,” Ellison tells Yahoo Shine. “However, the minute thephoto was posted online, I received an onslaught of comments from men and women telling me that pregnancy is no time to be tough and that I’m vain and selfish. It’s surprising that something I’ve always done — and consider normal — is shocking to so many people.”
Ellison’s routine of choice is CrossFit — an hourlong high-intensity exercise program that focuses on core strengthening and conditioning. It incorporates Olympic weight training, aerobic exercise, and gymnastics, using barbells, dumbbells, tire flipping, kettle bells and medicine balls. CrossFit is controversial — according to a story published in the Guardian, in addition to the already-strenuous training, the competition between participants (classes are small and intimate) lead many to overexert and collapse on the floor from exhaustion.
Despite the photo of Ellison that’s caused so much uproar, she says she doesn’t lift heavy weights. “I did lift weights for my maternity photo shoot but only 35 pounds,” she says. “The most I’ve lifted while pregnant is 65.” An avid exerciser, Ellison bought her first gym membership when she was only 16 years old. “I was really skinny and wanted some curves, so I started running and lifting at the gym,” she says. Soon, Ellison’s love of fitness snowballed and she began mountain biking, trail running, weight lifting and entering amateur fitness competitions. Two years ago, she discoveredCrossFit and never looked back.
Ellison begins each day by cooking breakfast for her son, 8, and daughter, 12. Once the kids are off to school, she eats half a cup of oatmeal with coconut oil and cinnamon, followed by a three-egg omelet with avocado and black beans and a protein shake, before heading off to CrossFit class. Lunch usually consists of a grilled-steak salad or chicken with pasta, and dinner is another lean protein with vegetables and rice. She satisfies her rare sugar cravings with small amounts of dark chocolate.
“I used to take CrossFit classes five days a week, but lately, I’ve scaled back to three times,” says Ellison, who has gained a healthy 23 pounds of pregnancy weight. “What bothers me most about all this backlash is that there are so many pregnant women who eat poorly and don’t exercise at all during their pregnancies. There is an obesity epidemic in this country. What about that?”
According to Steve Goldstein, M.D., professor of urology and gynecology at New York University (he is not Ellison’s doctor), she seems to be on the right track as long as a medical professional is monitoring her routine. “If she’s resting when she’s tired, in general, I don’t see the harm,” Goldstein tells Yahoo Shine.
“However, the body goes through so many physiological changes during pregnancy which can alter balance and center of gravity, so it’s important to pay attention to your body,” he says. “Also, it’s not wise for women to take up an unfamiliar exercise routine. Pregnancy is a brand-new sport.”
- Pregnant weightlifter just two weeks away from giving birth provokes online storm (metro.co.uk)
- Criticism of pregnant weightlifter Lea-Ann Ellison is surprising – plenty of women work out while expecting (mirror.co.uk)
- The CrossFit Preggo. (ruthlesshannah.wordpress.com)
- 7 Tips on Fitness for Pregnant Women (womenshealth.answers.com)
- ‘Fittest Man on Earth’, Rich Froning Jr., says Put Jesus First and Everything Else Will Fall Into Place (blackchristiannews.com)
Last year the Houston department of public safety released a video to talk to all city employees and other interested office dwellers to give a good basic set of guidelines in the event of an office evil-evil doers arrival. Watch the video, educate yourselves, talk to your kids, know your exits, lawfully carry whenever possible, a victim that fights back isn’t a victim. 5+ minutes for the police to arrive, I know how fast I can reload my weapon systems, do you want your last five minutes spent hiding in fear, wondering how fast he is? or did you take the time to become educated, receive training and have your fighters mindset of “I WILL NOT go silently”
We work every day to provide for our families, that doesn’t end when your work day is done and you are back home, stand up! be a warrior for your family’s security in all of your efforts.–j
- 9 Easy Ways to Stay Safe on Your College Campus (safewise.com)
- 10 Ways to Feel Safe When You’re Home Alone (safewise.com)
- Startup Stories: Empowering Women To Be Victors, Not Victims (projecteve.com)
- Operational Security (Op Sec) for Preppers/Survivalists (taoofsurvival.wordpress.com)
- Security Advice to My Daughter: Essential Pillars of Preparedness Series (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)
Man if only some movies were real, and some people (Sarah Silverman) somehow didn’t have Ever access to a microphone–
Thank You! Mr. Noir, thank you.
My thoughts….may or may not begin around 1:40 until about 2:00.–j
- Colion Noir on the Black NRA (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Watch: Sarah Silverman’s ‘Black NRA’ promo (jta.org)
- Pain and Gain VS Two Guns Movie Review (newmoviesreviewsblog.wordpress.com)
- Personal Gun Control: Safety Tips for You and Your Family (simplisafe.com)
*Quit trashing Obama’s accomplishments. He has done more than any other
President before him. He has an impressive list of accomplishments:
First President to …apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he
was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number belonging to another man,
from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing
oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third
First President to spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when
there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs.*
*First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of
companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the
deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S. including those with
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his
First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that
America is no longer a Christian nation.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and
refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publiclyspoke out
on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is
allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to
protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly
issued years ago.
First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
First President to fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one
of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his
First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years
in office, 102 to date.
First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple “global apology tours” and concurrent
“insult our friends” tours.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and
Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at
*First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a
week at taxpayer expense.*
*First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call
of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for
their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences.”
Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that
THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.*
*First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50
states (Mexico vs. Arizona).
-> How is Obama’s “hope and change” working out for you?*
- We The People should Quit trashing Obama’s accomplishments! (mypoliticalmusings.wordpress.com)
- If Obama Doesn’t Bomb Syria Now, He’s Toast (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
- President Obama To Sit Down With Three News Anchors To Discuss Potential Attack On Syria (madamenoire.com)
- Syria: A Vote Of No-Confidence In The President (rinf.com)
Enjoy, and as always remember how we got here–j
p.s. and a little something for the kids. v
LEARN SOMETHING, it could never hurt.
- 19 Instagram Accounts That Will Teach You To Dress Like A Gentleman (businessinsider.com)
- Our Big List of Favorite Games (confidentingrace.wordpress.com)
- Skills to Teach Children Before School Starts (safewise.com)
- They Say That’s Life (findingamuse.wordpress.com)
to decide what I should do with my business, my choices, and my opinions?
For me this isn’t about gay marriage this is about individual rights and freedoms.
It is wrong to oppress others because they don’t agree with your point of view, It is wrong to force others to unlawfully bend to YOUR will.
It is right to mind your own damn business and realize the freedoms we enjoy today can be lost completely if we all become apathetic to the fact that an individual’s right to choose, is exactly that, THEIR right, not yours, then the tenants of our constitution, and the bill of rights are lost to bullying, reverse discrimination, profiling, prejudice and the single most prevalent across our great United States, IGNORANCE.
My life, my rules ; your life, your rules. The golden rule is the only rule we should be preaching for others, good luck reader, we need it.
please click on the first link after the video, to better understand my concerns.
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
2. A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
3. No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
4.The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
5. No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.
6. In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
7. In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
8. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
9. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
- Constitution Grants Congress The Powers To Repeal/Rescind Taxes on Obamcare (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- Here’s What Candidate Obama Said About Military Intervention in 2007 (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
- Original Magna Carta and Only Known Copy of King’s Writ United for First Time in U.S. (prweb.com)
- You Might be a Terrorist (treetopflyer20.wordpress.com)
- Know Your Rights (planet.infowars.com)
a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.