…But that’s ok, that is why I blog, so I can vent without personally attacking anyone. I read the supposed quote from the awesome author and initially I think, “you know what she’s right, I have no right to judge anyone if they are “fat”, hell I’m fat from where I want to be”, but I still run a 9-10:30 minute mile and workout everyday. But also as I think truly if you are any of the other adjectives, being so won’t kill you unless one of your adjective recipients decides to do it as a result of your focused, cruelty, evil etc..
Now for my rant: This “I’m OK, you’re OK” crap that we are trying to sell the country into believing is exactly that, crap.
Yes what your choices are are your business, I am not one to ask you, tell you, or force you to change something about yourself because I think, heard, or believe that your choices are wrong, immoral, or illegal; You do you, I’ll do me.
But here are the facts of you or someone you love accepting that it is OK to be fat. I said fact, meaning I didn’t make this up, and would like to draw your attention to the last bullet point, my reference is below those points.
We as humans have a finite time here on earth, and unfortunately we make connections with other humans who love us, and look up to us and who we choose to bring into this existence. So you think about them, not yourself as you eat the entire box of Twinkies, because you earned it after buying a workout DVD.
We owe our loved ones to at least make an effort to prolong our time with them as long as we humanely can.
- Worldwide obesity has nearly doubled since 1980.
- In 2008, more than 1.4 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight. Of these over 200 million men and nearly 300 million women were obese.
- 35% of adults aged 20 and over were overweight in 2008, and 11% were obese.
- 65% of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- More than 40 million children under the age of five were overweight in 2011.
- Obesity is preventable.